my youngest sister treated us for lunch at jollibee and a tour to the myth of the human body at the neobabylon building in taguig city (click to get a peak); (read more). the entire exhibit was interesting in itself. i heard myself saying my ohhs and ahhs.. my cool and wows.. God's works on the human body have always amazed me, but seeing them for real brought me to an experience beyond words..
we were not allowed to take pictures inside the exhibition area, but here are some of the parts of the exhibit that gave me sighs of awe (because of God's wonders) and sighs of sadness (because of life's unfairness) anyway, here goes:
- people who signed up to donate their bodies when they die to be used for the exhibition..
- seeing an entire figure of the human body of just the veins, arteries and blood vessels
- seeing the ideal lungs and down to the sunog-baga-gang
- the human heart (not beating of course)
- fetuses in the entire stages
- pregnant woman whose baby died in her womb
- a head cut into five parts to emphasize the layers
- lotus feet
- a sixteen year old body of a girl cut into 5 to show the layers
- a 21/22 year old body of a girl cut into 97 pieces to show its full layers
- the hypothalamus (oh yes, i love you from here)
the exhibit lasted for about an hour and a half.. i went out of the place thinking of those who donated their bodies for it and those whose body were unclaimed.. what exactly were they thinking to do that? what happens to their spirits and their souls? was dr. hagen's purpose for polymer preservation or plastination of the human bodies merely because of intellectual pursuits?.. hmm... i actually was not able to comprehend my own thoughts too.. well, i may say, philosophy, religion and science may be coming in different hemispheres if we will dry to dig in with these points..
in the meantime, its a day i can call both amazing and disturbing..(good thing we already ate lunch before going to the exhibit).. let's charge it to experience then..
the exhibit still runs until april 17, open from 10.30am to 8.30pm at the neobabylon building, bayani road, taguig city. tickets @P350.00
view some of the pics on http://plixi.com/p/82010491.